High Tatras offer great choice of trails for hiking trips, easy and demanding too. Start of trail right in front of guesthouse.
Online hiking maps with hike planning (time, distance, elevation)
- from Starý Smokovec to Hrebienok - you can also use cable car
- Studenovodské vodopády (waterfalls) - have a break at Rainerova útulňa or Bilikova chata
- from Hrebienok to Skalnaté pleso -have a break at Zamkovskeho chata
- from Hrebienka to Sliezsky dom - trail goes under Slavkovský štít to the biggest mountain hotel Sliezsky dom under Gerlachovský štít (the highest peak)
Vysoké Tatry with children
- For walkings with strollers we recomment asphalt roads (Popradské pleso, Sliezsky dom, Hrebienok) – more info here.
- With older kids (3-6 years) you can try Zamkovského chata, Studenovodské vodopády more info here.
- Good motivation for children – Tatranská divočina
Touristics during the winter closure (1.11.-15.6) of tourist tracks in High Tatras
Every year from 1st November till 15th June there is a winter closure of some tourist tracks due to protection of nature and safety of tourists. It includes mainly tracks trough mountain passes and to the peaks.
However, visitors do not need to worry that Tatras are “closed”. There are still possibilities to do many tourist trips. All mountain huts (except for Chata pod Rysmi) are open all year round and accessible by walking. We recommend trips from Hrebienok to Zbojnícka chata or Zamkovského and Téryho chata. Also parts of Magistrala are open (favorite track is from Skalnate pleso through Hrebienok to Sliezsky dom, where you can enjoy view of Podtatranska kotlina and Low Tatras).
Some tracks are closed only during snow cover (track to Slavkovský peak or Magistrala from Sliezsky dom to Popradské pleso), so when the snow is gone you can go there even in May or June (depends on snow conditions).
For more detailed information on Rules in TANAP (Tatra National Park) and list of seasonally closed tracks we recommend their official page www.tanap.org. For better orientation use touristic map, try this one at www.hiking.sk.